Understanding what you need

There is need of only one thing.  Luke 10:42

In today's Gospel it is not that Martha chose the wrong thing, it is that Mary chose the better thing.  The chores and the service are still things that need to be done.  Reflecting on this makes me think of our house and how things build up because I do not prioritize to get the things done that we need to so things become more chaotic than what they have to.  Everything we do today moves at the speed of light, we find out things that happened before the whole story has played itself out.  We spend to much time behind our electronic devices hopeful that it will give us the relief we need.  When truth be told there is actually one thing we need.  Until you understand the one thing that is the source of true happiness, you will struggle to find the true meaning in your life. St. Augustine said, 'our heart is restless until it rests in you'.  Those words hold a lot of meaning in that one thing.  We seek comfort in the presence of Jesus to calm our anxiety and ease our unrest.  The love of Christ is the treasure we seek,  the comfort that our soul requires to sustain a life full of compassion for our neighbor.  We should take time as Mary did and sit at the feet of Jesus and let him teach us, for we are human and we have a lot to learn.  Whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him".  Colossians 3:17


Lord, give me the confidence of knowing that you are all I need. I do not want to distract myself with anything else. I want to sit at your feet. I want to listen to what you want to tell me. I want very much to learn from you. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JOY

My witness

You do not need to change I need to change...