Love Always Wins

Lord, you know everything; you know that I love you.  John 21:17

In response to Peter's denial on the night before he died, in today's Gospel Jesus asks Peter three times, "do you love me?"  Peter's response is true to the very existence of God, he does know everything.  It was painful for Peter to hear this from Jesus, but he was not asking this to make him feel bad, he was making a point that I will love you above everything.  No matter what you do in this life, I love you.  Jesus asks us this very same question, "do you love me more than these?".  God's love has no limit for you or for me, he loves you and wants to be with you and is why he ends the conversation with Peter, "Follow Me".  When He asks Peter to follow,  he is saying the same thing to us.  Are you willing to love Him "more than these?"  Are you willing to love more than any of your earthly possessions?  Our pure love is when our will is what God's will is for us.  No one is perfect and we all falter in placing God above all, but when he sees you trying and you know in your heart what that means, this is the joy that unites you with God.  

Lord Jesus, inflame my heart with your love and burn away everything within it that may be unloving, unkind, ungrateful, unholy, and not in accord with your will. May I always love what you love and reject what is contrary to your love and will for my life.

May Your Will be the rule of both my desires and my actions. Amen. St Alphonsus Liguori

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JOY

My witness

You do not need to change I need to change...