find God

And those who find it are few.  Mathew 7:14

Your salvation is no easy task, hence why few ever find the narrow gate.  To enter through the narrow gate means to do the will of God.  We are called everyday to help our neighbor, care the sick, feed the hunger, take care of our parents, guide our children and none of those tasks are easy.  How do you prioritize any of these much less one of them.  Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night (Psalm 1:1-2).  If you would read Psalm 1 every morning,  I have to think that you are going to do what is right in the eyes of God.  The road is vast that leads to destruction, that is why it is so easy to find. The devil waits on every corner of our life with the temptations that he knows we can not refuse.  Are you able to decide the difference between good and evil in today's society?  Do you see good that is portrayed as evil or evil that is portrayed as good?  If you turn your ear to any social media app for your news, you will struggle to find what is actually true in this world.  I pray that Sacred Heart of Jesus empowers you to fight through the rhetoric and fight for what is true and just in your life.  In turn you will inspire others to do the same. 


"Let me love you, my Lord and my God, and see myself as I really am - a pilgrim in this world, a Christian called to respect and love all whose lives I touch, those in authority over me or those under my authority, my friends and my enemies. Help me to conquer anger with gentleness, greed by generosity, apathy by fervor. Help me to forget myself and reach out towards others. (Prayer attributed to Clement XI of Rome) 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JOY

You do not need to change I need to change...

My witness