We are Just Travelers

For to me life is Christ, and death is gain.  Philippians 1:21

Today's first reading has really come to reality in the past few years.  To quote C.S. Lewis 'we are not made for this world', which means we are travelers journeying through this world to Jesus which is our home in the next life.  

And I do not know which I shall choose.
I am caught between the two.
I long to depart this life and be with Christ,
for that is far better.
Yet that I remain in the flesh is more necessary for your benefit.  Philippians 1:23. 

We remain in our earthen vessel as an example for others as to how God wants us to go through life, giving thanks to God for everything that he has given to us.  I often say, 'I am selfish as I want you here living through the everyday struggles of this life, but I am jealous of you as to where you are and what you see', which Philippians says to be with Christ is far better.   How can we deny what our earthly life is meant for other than for everyone to spend an eternity with God.

Lord, I believe in you with a faith that never seeks to test you. I trust in you, hoping to learn to accept and follow your will, even when it does not make sense to the way that I see things. May my love for you and those around me be similar to the love you have shown to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JOY

My witness

You do not need to change I need to change...