are you in or out

After the master of the house has arisen and locked the door,
then will you stand outside knocking and saying,
'Lord, open the door for us.'

When the door has been locked and you are standing outside then you will try to bargain with Jesus to say "I did enough Lord to enter, I went to church every Sunday and I put my money into the collection plate", 'but he will say I do not know who you'.  And why do you think he will not know who you are?  Because he only saw you on Sunday, you had many more opportunities to find Jesus and most importantly in the confessional telling him how sorry you were for having offended him.  For as it is written 'but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven'.  Matthew 10:33.  You can argue with Bible all you want but the words are set and will not be changed as they are the words of Jesus Christ himself.  The narrow gate is Jesus Christ himself because he says no one can come to the Father except through me.  Do you understand what it means 'through me'?  Living the life taught to us by Christ himself through additional examples such as the Beatitudes and the Corporal and Spiritual works of Mercy.  A life dedicated to God comes from Romans, 'I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.'  Romans 12:1‭-‬2

Lord Jesus, may I never doubt your guiding presence and your merciful love towards me. Through the gift of your Spirit fill me with courage and persevering faith to trust you in all things and in every circumstance I find myself. Give me the strength to cling to your promises when the world around me begins to shake or crumble. And when my love and zeal begin to waver, fan into my heart a flame of consuming love and dedication for you who are my All.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JOY

My witness

You do not need to change I need to change...